Sunday, July 17, 2011

Forever 21 Makeup

A couple of weeks ago, as I tried hard not to drop by Forever 21 during my grocery day (hahaha), I chanced upon their makeup line. My sister-in-law texted me, probably a month prior, to ask if I have tried their makeup already. I haven't. But I was aware that they already sell makeup when I browsed their US online store but I wasn't excited about it. I just thought they're probably not good.

So I looked around, tried this and that and left with these...

 Left to Right: Love & Beauty Lip Gloss & Leopard Cheek Color

* The lipglosses do not have color labels on them *

Left to Right: ghost pink, fuscia & bright orange
Php245.00 for a pack of 3


I just wanted the bright orange tube. The other two lipglosses have a very clear finish as shown in the swatches. And the orange one is just gorgeous and pigmented. I love it. When applied, it does go on a bit lighter (than the swatch) but the pop of color is there. It's bright yet soft at the same time. For the price, it's really cheap. But I don't need two tubes of clear lipgloss. But even just for one tube, it's still cheap.

*****

 Leopard Cheek Color
Php305.00

This got me so excited. I've been eyeing Too Faced's Leopard Love Complexion Perfection for quite some time now but I keep telling myself I don't really need it. The Too Faced palette has three pans - a bronzer, a blush and a brightener. I like the bronzer, which is actually available alone, and the brightener which is new and only available in that palette. The blush, however, is shimmery and looks too pink for my taste.
Anyhoo, Forever 21's Leopard Cheek Color is similar to Too Faced's bronzer (left-most pan), except the prior has more of the lightest shade than the dark brown so when you swirl the colors together, it gives a very subtle tan glow and it doesn't come out muddy. And I just love how it has the right amount of shimmer. I get a really healthy glow.


Overall, I'm petty happy with my purchases especially the Leopard Cheek Color. A big bang for my buck! Next time you visit Forever 21, check out their makeup stuff. Even their cosmetic cases are cute! ;-)

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment