Monday, September 5, 2011

Makeup Artist Profile: Emer Buenaventura

EMER BUENAVENTURA

Everyone, meet Emer! A very talented makeup artist who travels sooooo unbelievably light, works really fast and creates super amazing makeup looks. A lot of us gets baffled how he can survive without bringing a ton of stuff to makeup gigs. Well, it's just that he really knows his makeup, knows how to use them and knows how to be creative and resourceful. A true makeup genius! 

How did you get started in the makeup industry?

My first job was in a production for fashion shows and special events.  I got really fascinated with makeup and hair styling backstage but thought i needed big capital to invest in good products and tools.  So i worked in different companies for 7 or 8 years before realizing it's time for me to do what i really wanted.  I practiced doing makeup on myself and when i was confident enough, I started doing makeup for my mom, sister, and friends.  I was even given as a gift to brides when they ask my mom to be their godmother.  After doing 6 months doing freelance jobs in magazines and special events, I was hired as a counter makeup artist at MAC Makati and got most of my professional training from there.

How long have you been doing makeup?
6 or 7 years

What is the most important thing you do when doing someone’s makeup?
I always analyse the face of the client or subject and ask her questions which can help me do my job better. 

What is you favorite makeup memory/experience?
I don't really have a particular favorite makeup experience.  I guess the most memorable are the jobs i get when the client or model appreciates my work.

What inspires you when doing makeup?
Different elements inspires me when doing makeup: the client or model, the clothes and styling, the photographer, the hair style, the location, etc.  I also like to get inspiration from old photos or movies of Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, and Elizabeth Taylor and from the contemporary looks of Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Rihanna.

What are your top 5 makeup items? Please explain why you love them.

MAC Strobe Cream

An excellent makeup base and makes the face glow naturally radiant.
MAC Brow Set in Girl Boy

Brushes the brow hair in place and lightens it that softens the look.
Mary Kay Brow Definer in Taupe and Blonde

These pencils are quite soft making it easy for me to blend.
 
Maybelline Volum' Express Cats Eye Mascara

Once applied, the lashes stays in place.

MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation

Delivers a velvety matte finish and long wearing.

That wraps up this month's featured makeup artist and I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you Emer! Until next month! :)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment