Sunday, October 14, 2012

DIY Spike Friendship Bracelet

DIY Inspo - 1 * 2 * 3

Hello, ladies (and gents?)! It's crafting time! :)

I've been seeing a ton of vamped up friendship bracelets and have been obsessing over the spiked ones. It's a really pretty easy bracelet to make except that friendship bracelet takes a loooooooooooong time to finish.

I brought some of my threads and my daughter's The Friendship Bracelet book to a taping and worked on it while waiting on the set. I probably spent two hours making the thing that day.


A day or two after, I continued making the bracelet and it took me forever to finish it. Not to mention the couple of times I had to untie a bunch of knots because I decided to forego the guide. Big mistake.


The third day was the "spiking" day. Yay! :) Notice that I put a lock hardware instead of the usual tying knots. It's so much easier to put the bracelet on and off with it.


Before any studding began, I had to figure out where I should place the spikes and lined them up near their permanent spots.


Then I used a fork to create a hole for the spike's screw.





Viola! I finally have my own spike friendship bracelet! :)


And here's my little arm party! Can't wait to make some more!




No comments:

Post a Comment