Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tarte Carried Away Collector's Set

I'm a lucky girl. I've been dreaming about this limited edition set from Tarte for months now (see my post, Makeup Palettes/Sets To Look Out For) and while I had plenty time to purchase one when I discovered it, I held back and it sold out. Bummer.

But thank goodness for a local reseller I randomly found on Facebook. I rarely check my Facebook account and this one time I did, I saw a photo of the Tarte set I've been coveting among other makeup products for sale in my timeline. I panicked a bit when the seller said they only have one set arriving in a few weeks. I must have it!!!

But it's my dear husband whom I should really be thanking. He asked what I wanted for Valentine's Day and told him that he could just get this for me and he gladly agreed! Thank you for your amazing (and forced upon) gift, Hon! ;-*

I've noticed that Tarte makes great packaging, not that it's more important than what's inside but I think it is important nonetheless. And I absolutely love the Moroccan-inspired packaging - very, very pretty! The whole thing is huge and it is not something you can carry around everyday. It is, however, a great portable kit to bring along when traveling. Not only does it have lots of space but the big mirror is just perfect!

The 24 full-sized eyeshadows are placed in a palette tucked behind the mirror. It's great that the eyeshadows are grouped together further so it's easier to combine colors and create different eye makeup.


The set also comes with:
1. Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-in-1 Mascara which lengthens, curls, volumizes and conditions the lashes.
2. Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder which is a silky translucent powder to set your makeup and diffuse imperfections.
3. Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Adventurous which is a shimmering rose shade with long wearing power.
4. Blushing Beauty Domed Blush Brush which surprisingly has super soft bristles.

There are eight tubes of Maracuja Lip Gloss too and they're packed with ingredients good for the skin. I'm impressed with the color choices - you get some nudes, punchy bursts of colors and deeper and richer shades. The second lipgloss on the top row (with the star) is my favorite. It's called Mer and it's a soft peachy coral shade with tiny gold shimmering specks. Absolutely beautiful!

I'm very happy with my new makeup! Thank you again my dear husband and thank you Beautyholic Manila for bringing this to Manila. And thank you for the freebies! :) I'm very excited to try the Laura Mercier Secret Finish! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment